Hülsta starts a quality offensive to increase customer satisfaction
The result: 10% improvement in key quality indices within a year.
Especially in logistics as an elementary company process, potentials for optimisation were hidden. These could be activated in close collaboration with Schulte Bender & Partner. The main ambition was an increase in consumer satisfaction by an enhancement in the quality of functions and processes of distribution.
- The hülsta-werke Hüls GmbH & Co. KG is a German producer of furniture located in Stadtlohn. Since the foundation, the company is family-owned.
- Hülsta is part of the Hüls group together with Rolf Benz, Ruf beds and Parador.
- 1.250 employees generated a turnover of more than 250 millions of euros in 2010.
- The portfolio of furniture for all areas is exclusively produced in the region west of Münster and delivered worldwide for distribution in specialised retail.
- Hülsta distinguishes itself from competition especially through the high standard of quality that goes through the whole process chain.
In systematic project steps, the processes in logistics areas
- end of production
- internal and external logistics
- trade logistics
were analysed and benchmarked within the branch. From this a multiplicity of potentials for improvement could be derived. These potentials were aggregated to groups and incorporated in a plan for implementation with monitoring of results.
- creation of new awareness for quality and
- optimisations in structure and sequence in all analysed functions and processes
quality standards and customer satisfaction are assured sustainably.